Monday, August 10, 2015

Phone calls

What a day! and it's only 11 a.m.

Yesterday I made a list of things that need to get done. On this list, is 4 phone calls.
So far I have made 3 of the 4, but the 3 morphed into 6 because a) I called my GP for an appointment and was told that this person has returned to the US. Sure someone has taken over her cases but it would have been nice to have been informed of this change.
b) I'm trying to get the low down on pre-school.  message left, maybe they will call me this century.
c) I'm trying to get an appointment figured out with a new clinic.  First, I can't remember the name of the person exactly, hence I don't know the right extension. I call the extension listed on the website.. it is a totally WRONG department.  Like really? huh?  This person calls me to alert me to the error of leaving my rambling voicemail on this exension and transfers me to switchboard.  The switchboard operator figures out who I want and transfers me there.  This person is surprised I called and tells me that I didn't talk to her last week but I need another person, for booking. *sigh*

So..... I leave a message there for booking.  The phone rings again. It is a TOTALLY different name than any I have called. It is the switchboard operator telling me that she has followed up on my comment about the wrong extension on the website, but the person with website access is away. 

Now I am contemplating phone call #4... getting an appointment for a new hearing aid.  I probably need a new aid. I think I have had this one about 7 years.  I know that I was still working when I got it.  

Oh I was about right. It is 6 years old and the last time I saw their office was 3 years ago. 

I better get off the phone now as I am waiting for 3 calls.... let's see if/when that happens eh?


No comments: