Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Movie Review: RED 2

Hubby and I had a chance to go to a movie mid-week.  So we picked Red 2.  I know that it has been out for a while, but seeing as I haven't seen the first Red, why would I think to see this one?

5 words:  Helen Mirren with a Machine Gun!  

Yes, I send that last time and didn't see it.  So fun to see it today.  

This film was produced by DC Comics/Films.  Did not know that until I saw the credits.  Frankly, I knew nothing about the movie other than the stars and that above 5 words.  This movie is about a retired C.I.A. agent Frank Moses played by Bruce Willis, who reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. 

The "villan" seems to change as the plot goes on, but essentially it was Dr. Edward Bailey, played by Anthony Hopkins.  I won't bore you or spoil the plot, see the link for that, but it was well done. The music was campy enough to make you sense the suspense and danger of the scene, but also the fun, lightness of the characters.  

I'll bet that the actors had such fun to make this movie.  My favorite scene was Helen Mirren and Lee Byung-hun in a sports car going under a semi to throw the enemies off their tail.

No comments: